Monday, July 2, 2012

Catch up.......





What's up world? I'm not going to lie, I completely forgot about my blog for a whole month.  I feel like I stay so busy that something is bound to fall through the cracks........*cough...stupid blog.

This summer has been pretty good so far.  Travis planned an awesome birthday for me complete with Kneaders french toast (mmmmm), cupcakes, Stewart falls hike, the Foundry Grill at Sundance and glitter toes.  It was epic (other than we had a pipe burst and flood our front yard.....on my birthday.  Thank goodness for sprinkler repair people huh?).  Good times. 

Bryant Update for people who care :)  

Bryant is doing well lately!  He hardly ever covers his ears anymore and loves his gymnastics class and therapist Brittney, although he still hates going to school (stupid school).  He is way more flexible with play and his toys!  He is starting to start conversations with random people that he sees (he rode down the street on his bike just to say hi to our neighbor).  He is very playful and is describing things a lot more instead of just asking questions all of the time (although he still does that when he gets anxious).  

He is still struggling with responding to questions that strangers ask him.  He will sometimes just stare blankly at them.  I'm hoping as his confidence builds that he will be able to respond faster and genuinely, without being prompted.  
He still has a lot of fear of loud noises (the Subaru, lawn mower, sprinklers, loud music, I'm guessing fireworks soon, movies, laughter.....).  Hopefully the more he gets exposed to them the easier it will get.  

I feel like he has bad days and good days.  Sometimes I feel disappointed with his progress and other days he looks like a normal little kid.  He just looks ANXIOUS a lot.  Blah.

Love my kid.  Sweetest little boy ever.  :) 

The end 


10 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Thanks for the update. As always, I love updates. and I totally get the normal days, and then total NOT normal days. He is doing so well, you are such a good mom! Hey, at least he is going to school...and not crying the whole time like before...right?

Deborah said...

i LOVE the picture of them hugging. I wish I had known Trav was bringing him up on Saturday. We would have totally loved to see him. I guess Papa needs some 1:1 time with him too. I shouldn't be soooo selfish about Bry visits

Tiffany Johnson said...

I love that little kid too. I hate that recent happenings have stopped us from our Monday hang outs. Next week... for sure. I love hearing the updates and I love seeing your pictures. I'm glad your birthday didn't suck too bad. :-)

Aubrey said...

i finally cleaned up my desk and found that paper with everyone's emails and blogs from class. it's fun seeing what Bryant (and you) have been up to.

Deanna said...

Hooray for progress!
xoxo

Unknown said...

Hi! Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

Thanks and have a great day!

Unknown said...

Ink
This is something unique posting which i actually liked…..thanks! Very interesting and Helpful Tips.....Thanks For Sharing

johnpeterjohn said...

nice snaps...
cool math 4 kids

Mamacita said...

I loved reading about you and your family! You seem to have the coolest little boy, but I'm sure it is challenging for you as parents. I would like to be able to see your blog if you are okay with that.?
Kathy Malone

I'd love to see Natalie's if she has one.

abo-bder said...

فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
فني تركيب دش